I like the view from up here!
I was eating my breakfast this morning when I looked over and found my son perched atop the upside down laundry basket. His previous use for it was to push it around the house. Yesterday he pushed toward the kitchen and created a little traffic jam and then could not get it to move. And he wanted to be on the other side where I was. So he went over and landed head first. He cried and I think he ended up with a knot under the yellow bruise that was already there. I did manage to talk him down from the basket today, showing him how to get down feet first. This is still something we are working on. He does usually try the head first bit if I'm not watching too carefully at the playground. I guess I'll have to pay closer attention to what he's trying to scale now!
Tonight was our second swim lesson. It went well. Daddy took some video which I'll try to get downloaded to the computer soon (don't hold your breathe too long though!). John still likes to splash with his hands and only uses his feet occasionally. He did, however, jump from the side of the pool into my arms today (sorry - Daddy missed that on video!).
I want to make note here of the odd tree sightings in the area. This is one of our Bradford Pears. This is January 27 and it's losing leaves along with lots of other trees in the area. They are putting on quite the color show! The sight of the red leaves on the Pear trees, the bright yellow ones on the Crepe Myrtles, and the red & yellow leaves on some of the oaks is quite impressive. We don't usually get color this nice in the fall! The reason - As a result of Hurricane Ike, a lot of the trees lost lots of leaves. The weather was still quite warm and we'd gotten lots of rain. So, the trees put out new leaves. Dropped the old ones at the regular time and are dropping the newer ones now. It's really pretty odd. And in addition, someone told me just today that they saw a Pear tree in full bloom. Definitely a little early, yet!
-EBP-
Tonight was our second swim lesson. It went well. Daddy took some video which I'll try to get downloaded to the computer soon (don't hold your breathe too long though!). John still likes to splash with his hands and only uses his feet occasionally. He did, however, jump from the side of the pool into my arms today (sorry - Daddy missed that on video!).
I want to make note here of the odd tree sightings in the area. This is one of our Bradford Pears. This is January 27 and it's losing leaves along with lots of other trees in the area. They are putting on quite the color show! The sight of the red leaves on the Pear trees, the bright yellow ones on the Crepe Myrtles, and the red & yellow leaves on some of the oaks is quite impressive. We don't usually get color this nice in the fall! The reason - As a result of Hurricane Ike, a lot of the trees lost lots of leaves. The weather was still quite warm and we'd gotten lots of rain. So, the trees put out new leaves. Dropped the old ones at the regular time and are dropping the newer ones now. It's really pretty odd. And in addition, someone told me just today that they saw a Pear tree in full bloom. Definitely a little early, yet!
-EBP-


