A ride to the park
We haven't been to the park in a long while. But today JHP decided it was time to return and play some. We'd talked earlier in the day about taking a bike ride after dinner. But during dinner, John decided he wanted a bike ride and a trip to the park to play in the sand. Oh, how I love sand! NOT! Anyway, we went to the park. John and I rode the bike and Daddy walked. It wasn't too hot out. Of course, we didn't leave the house until 645p. John enjoyed his playtime.
Pretty much the first thing out of John's mouth this morning was "I want my Daddy." I had to explain that Daddy went back to work because vacation was over. John's response, "I want to go on another vacation!" Shortly thereafter, we called Daddy so that John could talk to him. JHP asked him if he wanted to some home so that he could play with him. Several times during the day, John talked about how he wanted Daddy home so that he could play with him. And wouldn't you know that when he woke from his nap, all he wanted was Momma! But as soon as he'd had a snack, it was Daddy play time.
It was quite ironic that he wanted his Daddy so badly most of the day since last night when it was Daddy's turn to bathe him all JHP wanted was me. Of course that turned into a large meltdown that eventually subsided, but not before leaving a bad taste in Daddy's mouth. Sometimes, John is just so fickle. I know he's two and hasn't figured everything out yet, but oh, does it get old.
-EBP-


