No-nap Pitcher x2
My friend Ronda had made a trip to Texas to see her niece. As part of the deal we got to see her for a night and take her to the airport. We met SNBNA for Mexican Sunday night as per our usual habit. And the next morning we a little time to play before taking John to school, his first day. Ronda was holding the planet so that Buzz could orbit it on his rocket ship.
Right after squeezing in a library book, we left for school. John walked in like he owned the place. No apprehension whatsoever. Except that I called out to tell him good-bye, he might not have even known that I was gone. Today was no different.
On our way to airport Ronda and I stopped to do some shopping for some chile's that she hasn't found in Ohio yet. Oh, and she needed her Whataburger fix. I totally understand that, as I made a regular habit of eating there when I didn't live near one. Then it was off to the airport. The visit was all too short, but just as always, so meaningful to me to be in the same room with her. I'm grateful that she came to see us.
The only thing remarkable about the last two afternoons has been the fact that John has not napped either day. I can guess why he didn't nap Monday. But today is a mystery. Monday after I picked him up, we grabbed some lunch and then went to the grocery, getting home right about 200p - nap time. I gave him a few minutes, but then rushed him off to his room. This did not sit well. He wanted to play. So after about an hour of crying / whimpering, I gave up and turned on the TV. I had things I needed to do - without his presence by my side. Today, we ate lunch at home and played and he was lounging around a bit. At normal time, we went to his room. After I left him, it was mostly quiet, but I heard noises. He was not asleep. And after about 45 minutes, the crying started. Once again I relented. But I was frustrated. This new school year schedule, while different, was going to afford me time in the afternoons during nap. But I haven't seen it yet. I hope this doesn't last. The bright side is that he's sleeping well at night.
-EBP-



Oh no! Hopefully this no-nap routine is just a short phase. I know....if I don't get a good hour-long break (at least) from the boys in the afternoon, I go even more crazy than I normally am. And yes, especially for you because he only goes until noon every day. I know when Grant stops napping, I'm going to have to institute a mandatory play-in-his-room time while Drew naps.
See you tomorrow....