Meet the Teacher

Today we went to school. It was Meet the Teacher day. Only one of his was there today, Ms. Diane. His other teacher is Ms. Thai, who was not there today due to an appointment. We had a little meltdown right before we left the house. John didn't get his way and then decided he didn't want to go to school. Thankfully, that changed when we turned into the parking lot. John got excited and I had to remind him not to run, since the last time we were there he'd gotten a nasty bruise from his running and subsequent tripping. Once we got to his classroom, he was a bit apprehensive, but with blankie in hand (a stopgap measure from the meltdown), we worked through it. His teacher knew exactly who he was, having seen him on the playground last year. We said hello and that was that. "Can you hold my blankie, Mommy?" and he was off to explore the room. I visited with the teacher and then was off to my orientation, retrieving John when I was done.

I think he's going to really enjoy school again this year. And I know I'm looking forward to the time as well. He's just so much happier when he's with other kids and busy! About half the kids were in his class last year. Again, he's one of the youngest in the class. It's pre-school, so I think they'll expect more out of him. Hopefully that will translate to here at home. It's only three hours, although on certain days I may choose to let him stay and nap, if I have some obligations. So most days we'll eat and have a nap here at home. This schedule will force me to get organized when it comes to maximizing my time "off". He's going Monday, Tuesday, Thursday. On Wednesday, we'll go back to the school for my Bible Study. And we'll be relaxing on Fridays. And Monday's when the craziness all begins!

One of John's favorite people is Wanda, the receptionist at the church where his school is at. He always looks for her when we get there and always makes a run for her when we are on our way, always resulting in a big hug. You might notice the dribbles on John's shirt. He's learning to use the water fountain at school.

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Mary-Anne Kline  – (August 28, 2010 at 8:01 AM)  

Oh, fun! We meet Ethan's teacher on Tuesday =) Then it's off to school he goes =) Have a great year, John!!

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP