Free ride
Mouse update: John's mastered the mouse. You can effectively leave him alone at the computer and he'll take care of himself. I only need to get him on the site he wants and let him go. I have to be careful, though. He doesn't know the difference between ads and new games to play. I suspect I'll need to investigate parental control before too long. I never would have thought that an issue at two and half.
We have a house guest tonight! Cousin June came to stay the night with us and join us for some fun tomorrow. It's sort of a last hurrah before school starts for her next week. I can't believe she'll be starting Kindergarten. Time flies! It seems such a short while ago that she was clamoring to hold her new cousin, Baby John. And now they are playing together as equals. Well, almost. Notice that John's catching the free ride up there. He's supposed to be pushing. Instead, he's riding. And then he rides again, when June pushes. It kinda makes sense. John's feet still don't reach the pedals. But he has no excuse for not pushing June.
Jane was here for dinner, too. And since she commonly refers to June as June Bug, it didn't surprise me that John picked that right up. Oh, June Bug! Dinner was interesting. The kids sat next to one another. And it was like pulling teeth to keep John from acting so silly. This is normal, however. He's discovered that he's got a captive audience and uses it to his full advantage. But the silliness seemed escalated with two of them at the table. As kids do, they fed off of each other. Breakfast should be interesting.
-EBP-
We have a house guest tonight! Cousin June came to stay the night with us and join us for some fun tomorrow. It's sort of a last hurrah before school starts for her next week. I can't believe she'll be starting Kindergarten. Time flies! It seems such a short while ago that she was clamoring to hold her new cousin, Baby John. And now they are playing together as equals. Well, almost. Notice that John's catching the free ride up there. He's supposed to be pushing. Instead, he's riding. And then he rides again, when June pushes. It kinda makes sense. John's feet still don't reach the pedals. But he has no excuse for not pushing June.
Jane was here for dinner, too. And since she commonly refers to June as June Bug, it didn't surprise me that John picked that right up. Oh, June Bug! Dinner was interesting. The kids sat next to one another. And it was like pulling teeth to keep John from acting so silly. This is normal, however. He's discovered that he's got a captive audience and uses it to his full advantage. But the silliness seemed escalated with two of them at the table. As kids do, they fed off of each other. Breakfast should be interesting.
-EBP-



Wow, using a mouse already??! Another friend was talking about her kids playing computer games too. I haven't done this with Grant yet....Drew would try climbing right up there with him, so I just don't want to deal with the fights!