Relief
After tiring of answering the question of when we are going to Nana's house, I decided we needed to make a visual reminder so JHP could reference it any time he needed to and we didn't have to say anything more than "Go look on the fridge!". So on Saturday morning I made this high tech, fancy chart for John's viewing. Each morning at breakfast we cross off the previous day's box. John gets the concept of taking one day away (subtraction) and even this morning decided if we took two days away we'd only have one left. I'm not sure he associates our trip with Christmas yet, but he's darn excited to see Nana and Papa Jim and the fact that June will be there too is just icing on the cake. I should note that Daddy and I endured the same constant questioning before our trip to Indy at Thanksgiving, but I wasn't smart enough to make a chart then. I guess I'll make a cuter one that we can use anytime he's waiting impatiently for something to happen, like his upcoming birthday.
He's been really good about the presents under the tree. He saw me wrap most of them so I guess they aren't of too much concern, except when they impact his airplane ornament inspection efforts.
The Christmas cards are in the mail! YEAH! I'm not thrilled with how they turned out. Shutterfly managed to make us redder than we really are. While John "worked" on the computer today, I stuffed, addressed, and stamped envelopes. When John saw that I had "stickers" (address labels) he wanted one. At one point it ended up on his forehead, telling me that he was a doctor. Funny because all the doctors we see don't have those funny do-dads that doctors always have pictured in the cartoons.
I did survive my first wedding (and likely last) as a photographer. Overall, I think the photos are pretty good, but I haven't spent lots of time on them, yet. Once I got started, there wasn't much time to think about being nervous. Just had to do my job.
-EBP-
He's been really good about the presents under the tree. He saw me wrap most of them so I guess they aren't of too much concern, except when they impact his airplane ornament inspection efforts.
The Christmas cards are in the mail! YEAH! I'm not thrilled with how they turned out. Shutterfly managed to make us redder than we really are. While John "worked" on the computer today, I stuffed, addressed, and stamped envelopes. When John saw that I had "stickers" (address labels) he wanted one. At one point it ended up on his forehead, telling me that he was a doctor. Funny because all the doctors we see don't have those funny do-dads that doctors always have pictured in the cartoons.
I did survive my first wedding (and likely last) as a photographer. Overall, I think the photos are pretty good, but I haven't spent lots of time on them, yet. Once I got started, there wasn't much time to think about being nervous. Just had to do my job.
-EBP-




