Just a swinging
At dinner tonight:
Momma: Do you know what happens when we get to Nana's house?
John: Christmas.
Daddy: Do you know what Christmas means?
John: Presents.
Momma: What kind of cake are we making at Nana's house?
John: A birthday cake for Jesus.
Momma: Did you know that Christmas is just another name for Jesus' birthday?
I was surprised that he knew that Christmas was coming after we go to Nana's because he hasn't really talked about it, but a little disappointed that he thought of presents before Jesus' birthday. Nevermind that we've got several nativity scenes in the house and he picked out the flavor of the frosting for the cake. When we talked about making a cake, he pulled out his pretend grocery list and listed off several things we needed to make the cake - strawberries among them. We settled on strawberry frosting and white cake, which I might just tint green to be festive.
John and I went to SNBNA's house after nap to enjoy the last rays of sun on this very warm December day. It was almost 80 today here. Since discovering A's new play structure last Friday, John's been chomping at the bit to go back over there. He spent a large amount of time today on the tire swing. He couldn't get enough of it! And from the action today, I can say he doesn't get dizzy easy. He was having too much fun going round and round and round.
I used the big lens I rented today for the last time. I'll send it back tomorrow. It's a nice lens, but at almost 3 lbs, I think I'll be happy with my smaller ones. The sun set fast and I wasn't so sure I'd get anything in focus with the shutter speed I was using, but I think the best shot of the day has to be this one of Andrew enjoying his swing.
Lots more photos from today on the WebAlbums.
-EBP-



