The Christmas Story
The Christmas program at John's school was Tuesday. The two and a half yo classes had to wear yellow because they were Stars. John actually wore two yellow shirts because he refused to wear the one I wanted. So we compromised and he wore both (until he got one wet at school). I got lucky and sat on the correct side of the auditorium, near the front. So John spotted me right away and waved. He'd been singing his songs at home for almost two weeks. But, just as I figured, he didn't sing much when he was up there. There were too many people to see, including me. And he refused to wear his little star sunglasses, too. They sang two songs. John decided he needed to sit for the second one.
Later, when all the children sang together, John came out of his shell a bit and danced around. This is a relatively new thing for him. Lately, he's been dancing when he hears music he likes. Not just bouncing around, really moving to the music.
He passed right by me when all was done, stopping to pose for me. How the teachers and staff managed to corral all those kids and no one fell off the stage is beyond me.
And when I picked him up a few minutes later, I discovered they'd had cupcakes to celebrate - at 1145a. Lunch, what lunch? Good thing we were headed to the park for a picnic/playdate with some friends. He got to run off all that sugar.
Finally, about 100p, he decided to eat something nutritious. This photo was a bit overexposed and when I played with it in PSE, I wound up with this kinda funky looking treatment on the photo. I think I like it (for this photo, anyway!)
After nap, John found his sunglasses and wore them around for a while. He showed them off for Daddy when he got home. And then when it was mirror time (aka time to brush the teeth) before bath, John modeled them so I could get a photo.
-EBP-
Later, when all the children sang together, John came out of his shell a bit and danced around. This is a relatively new thing for him. Lately, he's been dancing when he hears music he likes. Not just bouncing around, really moving to the music.
He passed right by me when all was done, stopping to pose for me. How the teachers and staff managed to corral all those kids and no one fell off the stage is beyond me.
And when I picked him up a few minutes later, I discovered they'd had cupcakes to celebrate - at 1145a. Lunch, what lunch? Good thing we were headed to the park for a picnic/playdate with some friends. He got to run off all that sugar.
Finally, about 100p, he decided to eat something nutritious. This photo was a bit overexposed and when I played with it in PSE, I wound up with this kinda funky looking treatment on the photo. I think I like it (for this photo, anyway!)
After nap, John found his sunglasses and wore them around for a while. He showed them off for Daddy when he got home. And then when it was mirror time (aka time to brush the teeth) before bath, John modeled them so I could get a photo.
-EBP-



