Playing around
We stayed home today. All day. I was waiting on a package that had to be signed for. In the package was a rented toy for my camera. It's a Sony 70-200 f/2.8 G lens. It weighs more than my camera. Seriously. When it's on the camera, you hold the lens, not the camera, so that it's balanced. That's how much it weighs.
Since this is a different beast from what I'm used to and I needed to get comfortable with it, I put it on the camera after lunch and we played. I practiced shooting wide open at high ISO with this monster of a lens. I need to get comfortable since I'll be shooting a wedding on Sunday. Yes, I said wedding. I'm shooting it as a way of sharing my blessings with someone less fortunate than I. I'm nervous as all get out, but I have faith that God will support me in my endeavour. And I'm pretty sure this will cement my previous statement that I never want to shoot weddings, should I start a business. So these photos are all shot at ISO 1600 or higher, f /2.8 without flash. I've made minor adjustments, but for the most part they are SOOC. A tad noisy in spots, but overall I was happy with them. And a little less scared to crank up the ISO.
Since this is a different beast from what I'm used to and I needed to get comfortable with it, I put it on the camera after lunch and we played. I practiced shooting wide open at high ISO with this monster of a lens. I need to get comfortable since I'll be shooting a wedding on Sunday. Yes, I said wedding. I'm shooting it as a way of sharing my blessings with someone less fortunate than I. I'm nervous as all get out, but I have faith that God will support me in my endeavour. And I'm pretty sure this will cement my previous statement that I never want to shoot weddings, should I start a business. So these photos are all shot at ISO 1600 or higher, f /2.8 without flash. I've made minor adjustments, but for the most part they are SOOC. A tad noisy in spots, but overall I was happy with them. And a little less scared to crank up the ISO.
For once, he stopped to show me a nice smile. The rest of the time, I saw a hand. "No, don't take my picture!" Or if he got real close to me, the comment was, "Let me take a picture." He's liking that a lot these days. I guess I need to find the old point and shoot for him.
It was nap time soon enough. We moved into his bedroom where the light was quite dim. I cranked up the ISO some more and begged and pleaded for a decent look. As you'll see on the WebAlbums, a range of emotions confirmed that it was indeed time for a nap. But I did get one. One thing I'll say, a little noise in a digital image makes for a good B&W. I already feel the pull to make this one B&W.
-EBP-

