Moving forward
Since the vacations posts are done, I can get on to catching up to present day.
On Sunday we converted the crib back to a toddler bed. JHP was happy about it and has done really great (of course, now that I’ve put that in writing…). He’s not gotten out of bed once. I know that won’t always be the case, but for now I’m happy that we are firmly cemented in the toddler bed.
On Monday after JHP and I had walked down to get the mail with our neighbor Barbara and her dog Gidget, John wanted to ride his tricycle. Sure, I said, for a few minutes. We ended up riding much longer because FINALLY John had gotten to determination to and the hang of pedaling his tricycle! Daddy missed it. He was inside. And so was my camera. I know, hard to believe, isn’t it. Anyway, so tonight, we all went out and I caught him in action.
Check out John's new skills:
John’s getting more adventurous with his meals. Sunday night he tasted Italian meatballs. At dinner last night we had macaroni, ground turkey, and peas. Ours was mixed up with mushroom sauce. JHP’s was not. He did taste the turkey. We convinced him in a game playing way to eat all 7 peas I gave him. And of course, he ate all the plain macaroni we gave him. But the funny part was when he picked up an elbow pasta and held it to his ear and asked if anyone was there.
Today JHP asked me what was for dinner. Baked fish, rice and broccoli. I’ll have that, he said. So he did. I ate a couple of bites of fish, about half his rice (broccoli cheese that wasn’t the best) and two servings of steamed broccoli! Daddy and I were floored, but we didn’t complain one bit! Of course, after all that tricycle riding he had a cookie and a handful of grapes.
-EBP-

