Collecting

John's been working on his tricycle riding skills. I think he's figured out what he needs to do but can't always make the trike do it. He pushes with one foot but when it's time to left up and push with the other, he ends up pushing the wrong way. He's having more successes. So I don't figure it will be long until he's got it mastered.


On Wednesdays we go to his school, but he goes to a different classroom where he's in more of a child care setting rather than school. But they try to do lots with the kids and always complete some artwork. He did a really neat tree today with his thumbprints. I'll have to take a picture to post. In addition, today they went on a nature walk where the kids got to pick up leaves and pine cones. John was real excited about his collection from school. So as something to do when we went out to enjoy the weather, we continued the collection process.

He even managed to see some things that he wanted to collect that weren't on the ground. In this case he spotted some green "berries" on the crepe myrtle. Daddy held down the branch so John could collect them.

Another thing John collected today was a bump on the noggin and a bruise. It looks like a scrape, but in fact, it's a bruise in the texture of the sidewalk he hit at the playground at school. He was riding along on the one of the trikes and fell off. I was there and he came crying to get some loving, but it wasn't until a few minutes later that I noticed the bruise. He hair was covering it. And, of course, tomorrow is picture day. Figures!

On the topic of food... Yesterday John ate about a quarter of a ham & swiss sandwich that had mayo on it. And he asked for it! Well, not the mayo, I just used that for glue. I think I'm beginning to feel hopeful about his eating.

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP