Day 2 Visiting Family
On Monday we drove over to Killeen to see John’s cousin Mary-Anne, her son Ethan, and her newly minted daughter Andrea, who I took lots of baby pics of! Mary-Anne’s husband Jeremiah is currently serving in Afghanistan and will get to meet his new daughter when he comes home for R&R in January. I can’t wait to meet him someday soon. We’ve heard tons about him. As an added bonus, John’s Aunt Rachel and Uncle Gene were in town to lend a hand to Mary-Anne. We hadn’t seen them since our wedding in 2002.
The boys are about six months apart in age, John being the older, more verbal one. Oh, and the bossy one! They got along better than last time we were there to visit. But we stayed longer. I think it was lesson for both boys to have to share toys. For a while they took turns on this little fire truck.
Then E fell off. And John tried to help him up. Of course, this didn’t work out so well. I couldn’t resist snapping this photo.
As usual John wasn’t shy around Aunt Rachel and made himself right at home in her lap, as she tried to convince him that he was safe from the dog, who had little interest in him.
I spent lots of time with this little one, documenting her sweetness. I got lots of great photos, but those will be Momma’s to share. But I thought this wouldn’t spoil any surprises. Here are three generations of strong, strong ladies.
We had a great visit and actually way overstayed our plan. For a no nap day, JHP managed pretty well. He didn’t even drift off on the way back the house. Our one hour trip home was extended a bit as we ran into some traffic. So we stopped for dinner for burgers and fries on the way. JHP ate a grilled cheese for the first time. Needless to say, after the busyness of the day, JHP put up no fight and went easily to bed that night.
-EBP-


What a great post, Erin! Great photos! Gene, Mary-Anne and I laughed so hard with the photo of Ethan being rescued by John! Very sweet photo of the three generations and sweet comments. Thank you! We loved seeing you, John, and John Harrison! We had a great time visiting with you!!
Love and Prayers,
Aunt Rachel