Day 3 At the house

DSC04135

Tuesday we slowed our pace a bit.  We ate a leisurely breakfast.  And instead of rushing to get somewhere, we enjoyed the lake and the view.  From the cliffs near the house, you can see the US 281 bridge.

DSC04144

John and John opted to wade into the water.  I stayed dry.  There were some large flat rocks near the water’s edge.  John was content to “fish” with his net.  At one point he slipped and fell into the water, refusing to do anything to pick himself up out of the 6-8 inches of water he was in.  Not even putting his hands down on he rick.  Daddy had to hoist him up by the jacket.

 

DSC04147

When I showed up they went back in and much the same happened again.  We managed to convince him that he could help himself.  So he did.

 

IMG_0619

For lunch we went to the famous Blue Bonnet Cafe.  The food was pretty good.  John and I had chicken fried steak while JHP went out on a limb and had catfish, which he ate.  The best part of the meal was the famed pies for dessert.  John had, what else - cherry, which he said was not near as good as his mother’s or my mother’s.  I indulged in the chocolate crème pie, to go.  I was stuffed from lunch.

 

IMG_0630

We chose to eat in Tuesday night, but in an effort to tire out the little guy, we took a trip to a local park first.  The weather was lovely and John had tons of fun exploring the new-to-him play structure.  Something new I’d not really seen him do before, swinging from his hands.  He swung on all kinds of bars.  And really only fell when I was trying to help and he let go thinking I’d hold him upright.  Nope, he fell backward and bumped his head on the ground.

Overall, we’ve managed the sleeping in a big boy bed pretty well this week.  Depending on how tired John is, we’ve had little intervention to lots.  After a couple of nights, I think he got the message that there was no getting out of bed.  It was on this night that John fell out of the bed.  We heard the crack on the tile about 2am and then he cried out.  He was OK, thankfully.  But this night had already been rough because we’d fielded a call from the security company at home only a couple hours before.  Add that to me having stayed up later than I should on the computer and JNP not having fallen asleep yet when the phone rang at midnight or so.  The good news was that it was a false alarm.  We suspect Wicket was the culprit.  The bad news was that we had plans for Wednesday for a set time in the morning, which resulted in Wednesday being a long day.

-EBP-

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP