A very long day
Today was a long day. We got up and had plans to welcome the AT&T guy at 900a to install U-verse, the whole package. While he was here some friends came to visit, too. A playdate. That was when things turned south. John's been super whiny and quite sensitive the last few days. That seemed to escalate today. The playmate that joined us is about the same age and that made for not so much fun for John. As I was trying to help the AT&T guy out, John kept clamoring to be held. A snack helped enough to allow us a short while of good play.
I'm not sure how he came up with the idea you see above, but he decided that using Darth Tater's arm that is equipped with a lightsaber was a good pointer, although in true John fashion he used a sound "word" to describe what he was doing with it. Anyway he had great fun "getting" Mommy with it.
The closer it got to lunch, the more eruptions of emotion happened with both boys. Soon it was time for them to leave. After they left we learned some stuff from the AT&T guy, bid him farewell, and then had some lunch, albeit late for us. John got down for his nap on time, but woke after only a two hour nap. He was in a decent mood thankfully, although he demanded my attention and used whining to get it.
We had SNBNA and B's sister and her girls over for dinner. SNBNA have been without a kitchen sink for a week. So, being the hostess I am (uh, NOT!) I invited them over for hot dogs - if they brought their own stuff (I hadn't planned on it and didn't have enough without going to the store, which I couldn't do with the AT&T guy coming today.). Traditionally, we have hot dogs once a year on the day of the MLB All-Star game. It's kinda cheesy, I know, but that's just how it is.
After dinner, we headed out to the park to take some photos of the girls. L wanted some casual photos. I think we managed that, even after running from the obnoxious swarms of mosquitoes. Man, the rain we've gotten recently has turned into a HUGE crop of mosquitoes!
The we rushed home to get John bathed and in bed, late but no too worse for the wear.
-EBP-


