Blankie
We had SNBNA over for dinner tonight and that resulted in a late bath time. It wasn't too painful, but John really wanted his blankie. We had an enjoyable evening visiting with friends. John ate ice cream at home for the first time tonight . The last time we offered it to him he turned it down flat. But I guess the peer pressure got to him. He didn't want to miss out on whatever A was having. He even had sprinkles!
And since he had his blankie as we were dressing for bed, we thought we'd play some peek-a-boo, which he still gets a kick out of. And it provided a distraction from the whining that seems to fill every moment that isn't distracted in some way.
What a ham! I can't believe he'll soon be 29 months. We've got some things to work on. Like the whining and sharing and listening. Sometimes he's so busy talking, he has no clue you even said something. I've taken to making him repeat back what I said, else I will have a mini-fuss on my hands if he doesn't like it. But he's loving books, his Buzz Lightyear, and making noises with his mouth.
I'm not sure what possessed Daddy tonight, but he decided to show John how to make farting noises with the heel of his hands against his face. John wasn't so successful tonight, but I'm sure it won't take long before we hear it all the time. Then Daddy will really regret what he's done.
Daddy and I had a date last night. We went to test drive some cars and get some dinner. Can I just put on record how much I detest car salesmen? I was treated poorly by a salesman a long time ago when I was fresh out of college. So when I go in an interact with them, I almost feel like I have a chip on my shoulder if they even try to play their little games with me. We survived last nights experience nonetheless. We have a few more cars on the list. We need to get cracking if we plan to meet our self-imposed deadline.
-EBP-
And since he had his blankie as we were dressing for bed, we thought we'd play some peek-a-boo, which he still gets a kick out of. And it provided a distraction from the whining that seems to fill every moment that isn't distracted in some way.
What a ham! I can't believe he'll soon be 29 months. We've got some things to work on. Like the whining and sharing and listening. Sometimes he's so busy talking, he has no clue you even said something. I've taken to making him repeat back what I said, else I will have a mini-fuss on my hands if he doesn't like it. But he's loving books, his Buzz Lightyear, and making noises with his mouth.
I'm not sure what possessed Daddy tonight, but he decided to show John how to make farting noises with the heel of his hands against his face. John wasn't so successful tonight, but I'm sure it won't take long before we hear it all the time. Then Daddy will really regret what he's done.
Daddy and I had a date last night. We went to test drive some cars and get some dinner. Can I just put on record how much I detest car salesmen? I was treated poorly by a salesman a long time ago when I was fresh out of college. So when I go in an interact with them, I almost feel like I have a chip on my shoulder if they even try to play their little games with me. We survived last nights experience nonetheless. We have a few more cars on the list. We need to get cracking if we plan to meet our self-imposed deadline.
-EBP-


