Eaten alive (almost) at 29 months!

It's just wrong when you go indoors and get eaten alive by mosquitoes! Poor John has no less than 10 bites, half of which he got yesterday in OUR house. The other half he got today in Bed Bath and Beyond. I bought some more bug spray today. We might just have to spray him down when he gets up. So sad, really. We haven't seen rain for a week. This crop of mosquitoes came from the downpours we had a couple of weeks ago.

Today, John is 29 months. Hard to believe he's not even two and a half. He speaks so well (although most strangers wouldn't know this because he's too busy trying to impress them by acting cute and speaking at the speed of light that no one can understand). He continues to pick things up easily. We started learning to play a simplistic form of the game Memory. And he's creating play on his own, instead of relying on us to show him by example. He remembers everything, but doesn't always remember when he did it (usually he'll come up with something he remembers doing two days ago). He's a pretty happy kid, except when he remembers to whine for Momma or Daddy. And he's quite stubborn about NOT getting his diaper changed. He tolerates it begrudgingly. Lord knows how I'll potty train him. For a couple of weeks now, he's not been going potty on the toilet before bath and still not tee-teeing in the bathtub. So I'm pretty sure he has at least some control, just no want at this point. I'm hoping that might change. I'd love to try next month, but might need to wait until we get into the school year for some help with peer pressure. He's so frustrating some days (what two-year old isn't), but he is such a loving child, even more than I think I'm capable of some days. Maybe that's God's way of making me stop and take notice. I can't imagine our house without his little feet running around. I love him with all my heart.

Funny things JHP's said recently, not because they were really funny, but because they were funny sounding coming out of his mouth.

  1. The other day he was in need of assistance of some kind in the living room and John and I were in kitchen talking. After I helped him out he told me, "You can go watch Daddy now."
  2. Today as we were watching the dump trucks and digger on the side street tear up the road to replace some concrete, he said, "I just can't believe it!"
  3. Yesterday we went to drop off a meal for a friend who just had a baby. I'd explained that we'd see a baby, who's brother is a child John knows. John asked me, "Can I kiss the baby?" I have no idea where that come from, but he asked multiple times. So before we left John was allowed to kiss the baby's feet.

-EBP-

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP