Passing the time

We were blessed again with rain on Tuesday.  It rained longer, which resulted in slightly color temperatures when it was over.  I can't seem to remember, but I think we started Monday afternoon / evening teaching Jane to knit.  Not long after, Jimmy decided he needed to be busy too.  So I found an old project in the bottom of my bag and showed me how to do it.  I'm evident not a good teacher, because we had to rip out a bunch and Jimmy's technique needed a little correcting.  I love this photo of my big burly brother, cigarette in his lips, working on his "handiwork".   He started and finished another little project while we were in Wimberley.  Jane finished hers and has since started another project.  Nana did give June a little crochet lesson, but I'm not sure June was real excited after the initial thrill of it.

While most of the adults were passing time with our needlework, the kids took refuge in the cabin with their Leapsters, often swapping to play with each other's.  It was odd this trip that John wanted to spend lots of time indoors.  I don't know if he was trying to escape the heat or if he just really wanted to play with his electronics.  He rarely complained of the heat, but his actions led me to believe otherwise.

Does that green Leapster that June's playing with look different?  Not really, but it is new.  The week before we left for Wimberley we discovered John's was "lost."  We turned the house upside down. Then we thought we'd left it at a restaurant a week prior to our discovery.   I couldn't see us going without it.  So in preparation, we bought a new one.  And it was good considering how much use it got.  Well, guess what we found last Friday night?  His "lost" Leapster stuffed way back behind some other toys under the trunk in the living room.  So now we have two, just in case.

-EBP-

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP