Twenty-five minutes does not a nap make!
Wow, Thursday night was a rough evening! After he finally fell asleep at 425p or so, I went in to wake John 25 minutes later. He hadn't napped and wasn't especially quiet during quiet time. I'd actually sent him back into his room at 425p and only when I went in to get him a short while later did I realize that it was too quiet for him to be awake. He woke up fairly easily and was pleasant until bath when things started downhill. It was the most blatant display of defiance we've seen yet. Even after a spanking to address it in the tub, it continued resulting in the loss of reading for the evening. Later, two more spankings led to many tears and lots of time in the rocking chair, just me and JHP.
This was on top of a relatively good day. School's been great this week. There's been no adjustment needed to a new classroom. Each day we've gotten a run down of the "helper" jobs in the classroom. John was line leader Tuesday, door holder Wednesday, and snack helper Thursday. But we know exactly what everyone else's job was too. He told us in great detail. I've even figured out the rotation already!
Anyway, the day was good. Quiet time was not too quiet, as I mentioned. I had to spank him then too. It always seems that it goes in spurt like this. We've had to make it clear that routinely leaving his room just to ask questions when he should be having quiet tie or should be sleeping is not allowed. Mostly because he'll just make up excuses to get out of his room. Often we have to remind him of the punishment: a spanking. So when he left the room and told me he didn't want to have quiet time, I told him he had a choice: get a spanking or get back in bed. He got in bed and then came out a few minutes later and informed me that he wanted a spanking. I'm thinking, really, are you sure? So I inform him that a spanking doesn't let him off of staying in bed. I'm not sure he realized that. I administered the punishment and comforted him, thinking that it might inspire a nap. Not really but it was many minutes later that he came out of his room again. That's when I sent him back and he fell asleep. At 425p.
-EBP-

