Party Horns
Last Tuesday afternoon we skipped Quiet Time to enjoy some time at the (very hot) park for a birthday party. It was one of John's good friends from last year. They aren't in the same class this year, but that doesn't stop them from continuing their friendship. "L" asked her Mom specifically if John could come to her party and we didn't want to disappoint. He was most excited about her party and seeing her. And he insisted we bring her a present. As is normally the case with him, he changed his mind several times, but we finally settled on some nice flowers, a little potted mum.
John was always picking on several of the girls in his class last year. While I think he thought "A" was the cutest, he always talked about "L". So this past spring and summer, while John was on his kick about having a baby sister in the spring, like Franklin's mother did (Franklin's a turtle on TV), he decided that his baby sister would be called "L". And nothing would change him mind. Several weeks later, he decided he wanted a baby brother. When I asked what he would call him, John replied, "L, of course!"
I've got a cute photo of the two of them together, but I need to check with L's mom to see if I can post it! I'll stick it here if I can later. ETA: She said yes!
John loved the party horns! It was his first experience! And I was so glad we were outside!
He would blow and blow them!
And crack himself up! It was the funniest thing!
I thought this photo was funny. He loves this bridge and loves to jump on it. But obviously, at this moment in time, it was not so fun. I don't remember, but I'm guessing that he fell down and was just getting up.
-EBP-

