Lots and lots of Lego's

One major projects of the summer was the organization of John's Lego's.  We took them ALL apart, with the exception of 2 or 3 pieces.  This alone took a couple of days.  It wasn't until we had completed this did I realize just how many Lego's John really has.


Then we had to sort.  And sort.  And sort.  I had already decided how I thought we should sort and John willingly went along.  We might need to rethink that plan next time because sorting took a lot longer that way.  This is mid-sort.  I never really realized just how many mini-figures he has.  The square tub he's sitting next to and pile on the floor are all mini-figs.


We ended up with 5 of these shallow bins and a slightly larger one to hold bricks.  We also opted to segregate within a bin the tiny pieces so they could be easily found.  We sorted like this:

  • bricks
  • plates
  • tiles / smooth edges
  • specialty pieces
  • mini-figures



In all I think we worked on it over about 4-5 days.  Once I got started I kept finding a few minutes here and there to keep working on it.  And then at some point, I just wanted it to be done.  I'm pretty sure it won't be before next summer that I take on that project again.

-EBP-

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP