Busy Saturday
Man, yesterday was a busy one!
JHP had a good week at school. In his classroom they have a system to track behavior. Everyone starts on green (ready to learn) and can move up the scale (blue - excellent effort then pink - super student) or down the scale (yellow - make better choices then orange - teacher's choice then red - parent contact). We made a deal with him to encourage good behavior last weekend. He needs to get green or better all week and then he gets to select the restaurant for lunch on Saturday. Then on Monday, he told us the teacher introduced a Treasure Chest with the same weekly requirements. He ended the week with green, green, blue, green, green. So he chose Mickey D's and got to choose a ball from the Treasure Chest. Double Bonus!
After a kinda slow morning, we started our busy-ness at McDonald's. It was crazy as there was a student group in the building and then some screamers in the play area. Needless to say, we didn't stay long by JHP's choice.
We went home for a bit and the John and I went to a birthday party for a while, stopping at ToysRUs for a gift. The stop at the store was kinda crazy too. Saturday after lunch at a toy store. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking...
The party had a Rock Star theme. Activities involved lots a crazy hair glue and paint followed by crazy dancing to music. John had a blast. We got to see some friends from our old school and I got to compare notes on Kinder at other schools.
We couldn't stay too long at the party because we had plans later. And once we left, I decided we better remove the hair glue and paint before we left. I didn't have a problem with him wearing it out, but since we planned on staying out past normal bedtime, I wanted him clean enough to go straight to bed. As it happened, that wasn't possible after all.
We had tickets to an Astros game! I always love the first sight of the field when I get there.
Daddy hadn't been to a game yet this season, so it was on our list of things to do before the season was over. We had originally planned to go Labor Day, but then we changed our mind when we saw there was a group going from church.
And we invited our dear friends to join us! The boys had fun, especially when S took them to the Squeeze Play. After a long time there, JHP totally needed a bath. He was sweat-y!
Daddy was hoping for a rally last night, but it was not meant to be. :( The Astros lost the game.
-EBP-






