Success!
We interrupt these past due posts with a most important progress report!
Here are my Facebook updates from the last few days:
Tuesday evening First day John's been all day in underwear (his choice) and he kept it dry ALL DAY. No accidents. Took care of ALL his business on the potty and kept his overnight and nap diapers dry. I hope this little window of hope turns into a door!
Wednesday evening Day TWO for JHP! Same thing as yesterday! WooHoo!
Thursday evening Can't believe it myself, but today was day THREE! And we weren't home most of the day. I think I'm going to find some wood to knock on! I'm so proud of him for making the decision himself. Not even one accident. Diapers during sleep have been wet, but a girl can't have everything all at once, right?
Tonight I don't want to jinx it, but I think we've walked through the door. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, we'll close the door forever to diapers during the day.
Yes! I think we are done with daytime diapers. And the best part is that he made the decision himself. I think the turning point happened on Monday. I'm not sure what made me say it, but I asked him if we should give away his diapers. He suggested that our friend E might need them. Then Tuesday he decided he wanted to wear underwear. We didn't leave the house for a variety of reasons, so the timing worked well. He had no accidents that day. Or the next when we went to someone else's house. Or yesterday when we were at the church almost all day. Or today when we went shopping. I'm sure they will happen, but they just haven't yet. I'm so proud of him! His choice, his success! Now what will we do with that mini-raise we just got?
-EBP-


