One final day in Indy

Still catching up from forever ago (the last day of our trip to Indy)... the morning before we left to some home, the three of us went to the "big house" where Great Grandpa lives to visit (and allow him to show JHP off!).  In the small room, there wasn't much to entertain John while Daddy and Great Grandpa visited.  But John found a few things, including an IU hat.  Daddy groaned a bit when John put it on, but I figured Aunt Susan would appreciate the photo.

It was like pulling teeth to get John to engage with G-Grandpa.  John talks too fast and, even with new hearing aids, G-Grandpa just can't hear (and process enough) to get what he's saying most of the time.  John was especially distracted on this morning.  I wanted it to be better for G-Grandpa's benefit, but it just wasn't, leaving me a little sad. The adults all know time is short.

G-Grandpa did catch John's attention with the knuckle-snapping. But then JHP and I had to retreat to the hallway for the other item that entertained John: G-Grandpa's new rolling walker, complete with a "passenger" seat.

Before we went visiting, I had the men pose for a required group shot.

One way to keep John contained was to put him on the "passenger" seat and roll him down the hallway towards the dining room.  In the lobby, G-Grandpa took the opportunity to show JHP off to all his friends and John took the opportunity to tell everyone he met where he was from, "Huston, Texas", although I noticed that the "u" sound wasn't as long (or as charming) as it had been a few weeks before.  Soon it was time for lunch and for us to get back to the house to eat and get ready to leave for the airport.

 After checking our baggage and making it through security, we had plenty of time to wait around the gate.  The Indy airport has huge floor to ceiling glass windows that let lots of natural light in so I could resist getting the camera out.  I capture my favorite photo of the trip.  Yeah, he's a little smirky looking, but that what I like about it, I think.

 Then JHP decided he wanted to take some photos with my camera.  It's so heavy and even with my help, he had trouble holding on to it.  I'm actually helping hold the camera in this photo he took of me.  I kinda like it!

And one more John took.  Here Daddy's imitating John's mean face, which he showed plenty on the trip.  It was a long week and we had some issues with talking back.  Thankfully, those have dissipated since that time.

-EBP-

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP