Momma’s Road Trip

DSC09564
While I was gone, the boys enjoyed themselves – with chocolate donuts.  This is the evidence!  Good thing I left a camera a home…

IMG_1100
Barbara and I took off east for a little R&R last Friday.  Although I have to admit, we didn’t rest that much.  We did lots of eating, lots of talking (late), lots of walking and lots of driving. We met up with our friend Terri and took in the lovely historic sites in St. Francisville, LA.   It was Pilgrimage weekend.  Friday night we started off with a cemetery tour, which was really cool and set the stage for all the homes we’d see on Saturday.  The whole weekend we saw lots of lines of old stately oaks, a hallmark of the old south plantation life.

IMG_1823
T surprised us by showing up in a convertible, which became our fun mode of transportation for the weekend.  All of us got a bit more sun than we expected.

IMG_5321
And since I was sitting in the back seat, I took advantage being able to unbuckle my seatbelt and sit on the back deck of the car while Terri meandered her way down this lovely drive on our way to one of the gardens.  You can see some azaleas in bloom here, but for the most part we were about a week to early to catch the massive color show.

IMG_5610

We learned a bit about formal gardening on our trip. Who knew that each formal garden should have a ruin?  I’m standing in from of the Rockery, the ruin at Rosedown.

As we made our way home Sunday, we stopped in Lake Charles to meet our friend Amy.  Lucky for us, she was working and got to steal away for a girls only lunch.  A couple hours later we were on the road home.

It’d been a year and a half since I last took a trip without JHP and it was long overdue.  The boys had a good weekend and enjoyed the time together.  They called me each morning and I called them at night.  And I really enjoyed the time away to spend time with my friends with no worries or demands.  Oh, and the best part was that I could carry on a conversation from beginning to end without interruption.

-EBP-

Anonymous –   – (March 24, 2011 at 4:06 PM)  

yea for girl's time. Lov Nana

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP