Catch-up
Wow, it's been a long week! While I was trying to recover from my weekend away, I had to work diligently on getting stuff ready for our big bargain sale for Right at Home Moms. There was lots of little things to do that occupied most of Monday and Tuesday while John was at school. Throw in some sporadic napping and we just had to roll with it. By Wednesday, I was settled, having done all I needed to for the sale up front. Except wait for Saturday's sale, that is.
Inside was a 60 piece solar system puzzle, which proved to be a challenge for John. I had to guide him through setting up the edges, but once we got that set up, he was able to set some pieces himself. We didn't finish it right away. Instead we took a break so Daddy could help us later that night when he got home.
After a leisurely lunch, I headed out to my second event for the day at our home church FUMC. I've managed to carve out my own little ministry for myself by documenting in photos events at our church and sharing them with the church and others involved in the events. I think I've finally come to the conclusion that while someday I might take photos as a business venture, for now I'm a lot more comfortable honing my craft and using my gift for others without the pressure of a business. I have the luxury of time to concentrate on the photos instead of worrying about the business end of things. So I went to the church to catch the tail end of a car show fundraiser for a new all-inclusive playground soon to be built on our church property. It was a wonderfully successful event. And I felt successful myself when I lucked out and caught this cool shot of the top of our sanctuary, wispy clouds and all.
Saturday was finished out with a margarita, some Tex-Mex, and the realization that my scratchy throat was NOT from talking too much. This was confirmed when I had trouble sleeping last night and woke this morning with a drippy nose. Darn tree pollen! But I wasn't the only one. JHP joined me as we made our way through lots of Kleenex before we even left for church. The good news is that it's still clear snot - for now. Sorry if that was TMI. I've felt draggy all day and hope I can manage a good nights sleep tonight. I'd hate to start the week off feeling short on sleep, although this week is light until Friday when JHP's surgery is scheduled.
-EBP-


