Enjoying the sun
John found an empty bed he’d yet to jump on today out in the sunroom. He insisted on spending time out there before nap today. I don’t blame him. It was bright and cozy warm.
I managed a bunch of photos, but these two were the best of the bunch. Sitting still was not on his agenda. This came back to bite him later as he slid off a chair and hit the desk, resulting in a raised line across one cheek. I applied ice immediately, but the line remains, although much fainter. I was so scared he’d hit his nose and would bleed all over the new carpet in the house. We’ll see in the next few days if the eye develops a bruise, too.
He recovered quickly and had time before nap to enjoy a book with Grandma.
John woke from his nap to the sound of Susan, Celia, and Amanda. Then he spent the next half hour in my arms hiding from the guests. So untypical, but then he doesn’t like to be woke from his nap before he’s ready. He did finally warm to everyone and found a “new” friend in Amanda. She was such a good sport to keep him company. More family shows up tomorrow and even more on Thursday.
I had forgotten about this painting until we walked in and saw it Sunday night. Someone in Grandpa’s last church stole a photo of John from his office door and painted this lovely rendition of the photo, giving it to them at his retirement. So cool to see it in person.
-EBP-

