Happy Halloween!
We were lounging around this morning, enjoying our pajamas when I decided to whip out the camera and take some pics of John in his cute little pj's. I did manage one really cute picture in the red chair. He still likes to hold the lens cap, although it's more difficult these days because I've got mine on a tether. But since he asked today, I gave it to him and got this shot in return.
We were getting ready to leave this house for lunch. I was packing John's bag when I looked up and noticed the John moving toward the bedroom. He'd noticed Wicket lounging in the sun. Without moving too fast (for her anyway), he managed to lay out beside her for a minute or so and talk before she ran off. He still moves too fast most of the time and spooks our spookable kitty. He likes to come up to her and wave his hand, saying, "Hi!" And if he gets to pet her, the biggest smile erupts on his face.
Momma was wanting for ideas for a costume. I couldn't see paying all that money for a cheapo costume and since John isn't of the age to ask for a certain one, I was left to ponder what to do. I ended up at a sports store and the idea of my Little (Candy) Hunter was born. I misjudged the size a bit, but the shirt and overalls fit well enough. He had his pumpkin bag and a cool green glow stick flashlight. He was set for Trick or Treating.
But before we did that we went up to the church where his school is and went to the fall festival they were hosting. He played some games, jumped in the bouncer, won some candy and collected a prize. I think he had fun, especially because he got to carry a bag around to put his loot in. Then we headed home for dinner. He was starved, I guess, because he was most serious as he ate everything we put in front of him, including a fun-size bag of M&M's that our neighbor had given him earlier in the day.
When it got to be almost dark we ventured out to some neighbors houses to enjoy the night air and let John do some trick or treating. He walked almost the whole way and only got a little spooked once or twice. We put the glow stick in the pumpkin so that it took on a greenish glow. As it got heavier with candy, it began to drag the ground, but John insisted on carrying it. It was HIS pumpkin!
He made it into bed a little later than normal, but since tomorrow is the time change, we didn't feel all that bad about it. If we are lucky, we'll get to sleep past 630a.
-EBP-
We were getting ready to leave this house for lunch. I was packing John's bag when I looked up and noticed the John moving toward the bedroom. He'd noticed Wicket lounging in the sun. Without moving too fast (for her anyway), he managed to lay out beside her for a minute or so and talk before she ran off. He still moves too fast most of the time and spooks our spookable kitty. He likes to come up to her and wave his hand, saying, "Hi!" And if he gets to pet her, the biggest smile erupts on his face.
Momma was wanting for ideas for a costume. I couldn't see paying all that money for a cheapo costume and since John isn't of the age to ask for a certain one, I was left to ponder what to do. I ended up at a sports store and the idea of my Little (Candy) Hunter was born. I misjudged the size a bit, but the shirt and overalls fit well enough. He had his pumpkin bag and a cool green glow stick flashlight. He was set for Trick or Treating.
But before we did that we went up to the church where his school is and went to the fall festival they were hosting. He played some games, jumped in the bouncer, won some candy and collected a prize. I think he had fun, especially because he got to carry a bag around to put his loot in. Then we headed home for dinner. He was starved, I guess, because he was most serious as he ate everything we put in front of him, including a fun-size bag of M&M's that our neighbor had given him earlier in the day.
When it got to be almost dark we ventured out to some neighbors houses to enjoy the night air and let John do some trick or treating. He walked almost the whole way and only got a little spooked once or twice. We put the glow stick in the pumpkin so that it took on a greenish glow. As it got heavier with candy, it began to drag the ground, but John insisted on carrying it. It was HIS pumpkin!
He made it into bed a little later than normal, but since tomorrow is the time change, we didn't feel all that bad about it. If we are lucky, we'll get to sleep past 630a.
-EBP-



Candy hunter That's a lot better than store bought John is just too cute!
Nana