Fits

After MDO, I needed to go to the grocery. On the way we stopped at a park we'd not been to before for some playtime. It was warmer today but still very nice weather. This park had some different things from the other parks we've been to. One thing John really liked was the big clock. I told him what it was and then all he said for the next ten minutes was "big clock."

It also had some cool bouncy space shuttles, which John struggled to mount at times. The other interesting thing you'll notice about this playground is that some of the surface is covered in shredded tires that were painted blue. It made for a very cushy surface. I thought at first it would be hard to walk on it, but surprisingly it was pretty stabilizing. The only downside to going to this park was that John decided he wasn't ready to go when I was and I had to carry him back to the car, which was a ways from where we were. This little tantrum wasn't the last one of the day.

Dad was late getting home. So to pass some time, John and I went outside in the backyard to play. He resumed his occupation with the scoop and bucket and slid down the slide a few times. When Daddy arrived we stayed a few minutes longer and then it was time to eat. Only JHP didn't want to go inside. And he pitched a ROYAL fit. Much larger than the one at the park. Daddy was the bad guy and John screamed long after he was carried inside. I finally got him calm enough to get seated at the table. And I began to feed him. When Daddy tried he refused. While we could have insisted, it would have delayed our meal. So I just fed him.

After dinner John and I walked to get the mail and then read some books. He still didn't want much to do with Daddy. It was Daddy's night to bathe John. So when it came time to start the bath routine, John wanted only me and started wailing again. I had to step out of the room until Daddy could get John to come around. The rest of the bedtime routine was pretty normal, but he did want me to put him down. I insisted that Daddy do it. He needs to understand he can't always have what he wants. I hope today is an isolated incident. Too many days like this will try ones nerves.

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP