Home again, home again with only two to hold me!
Well, we are home again. Got home on Saturday afternoon. JHP was rather good on both flights. I wish I could say the same for the two infantile boys (junior high age) sitting behind us on the return flight. I should have just let JHP cry just to spite them, except that then I would have had to listen as well. I thought my husband was going to come unglued! He did manage to let the flight attendant handle the situation, though, and things got better.

The visit itself was good. We got to see all the Pitchers, some of whom had never met JHP. He was the beau of the ball! And he got a little spoiled with all those hands to hold him and entertain him. Recovery from that was not as bad as we expected, although yesterday was somewhat painful for me as I was the only one here and when JHP wanted attention, he wanted it NOW. I'm sure this will continue for a few days. Wish us luck!
John H got to meet his Uncle Andy for the first time. True to form, Andy made a statement with his entrance. JHP did not seem concerned at all about this new person and went to him readily. Grandma wasn't so sure and had to do a double take! See the picture for why:
| From Pitchers' Progress |
Grandma got some toys for John to play with on this visit, although he seemed much more interested in checking out Grandma's house. One toy was especially suited to wearing, although you can tell from this picture he wasn't so sure about it. Later in the trip, he warmed to the idea and wore it (among other things) for much longer. You'll have to check the WebAlbums for more pics of JHP and his new found hat! I'm sure someday he'll be in therapy over the items we put on his head, or maybe, he'll just be a hat-wearing kind-a-guy!
| From Pitchers' Progress |
On Thursday night, JHP decided he was motivated enough to start cruising (the term for walking around objects while holding onto them). After that, he cruised everywhere he could. Oh, so close to walking...And I forgot to mention that he clapped on his own last Tuesday. Dad was playing with him and JHP clapped and Dad clapped back and JHP clapped again. He seemed to use it in place of the arms flapping. So much to clap about, but only when he wants to.
I love this half-smile he wore while playing during Grandpa's 90th Birthday party (that's Great GP to JHP).
| From Pitchers' Progress |
And I've figured out why onesies are so popular at this age. A little crawling and we have crack showing! Oh, my! We changed him shortly after this was taken. And then he decided it was time for a nap and slept the rest of the party...
I've uploaded pictures from the weekend along with a few since the last post to WebAlbums. Be afraid - there are almost 250 casual pics from the weekend and another 60+ of "formal" family photos that I took. And I had to clean out some of the earlier stuff from the WebAlbums to make room.
I know I have more to say, but I'd like to get this posted. I'll be posting some more of my favorite pictures from the weekend after I tweak them a little.
-EBP-


The family picture is wonderful! You gave us lots of choices. Thanks so much for your time of this endeavor.
By the way, I think the caption of the one of John showing his "crevice" should be labled "John, the plumber".