Biscuits, Baths, and other things...
We'll when the wee one gets a little fussy we've been giving him biter biscuits for him to gnaw on. The only drawback to this is the complete mess they make. They DO occupy him while we eat, however. So here is the result from last night.




And, of course, after the biscuit must come the bath. And to bathe, you must undress. Daddy seems to make a game out of getting the shirt off and here is the result. I imagine we will be able to fill an album with picture like these. This one I couldn't resist because he looked like an elephant with those big "ears".
After we beat that dead horse with the shirt, Daddy and JHP enjoyed a great game of peek-a-boo.
And finally the bath. We moved him into the big tub this weekend and I think he's really enjoying it. In this picture you can see he was much more interested in the bath mat than in any of his toys.
Oh- and I should mention that JHP is becoming helpful around the house. Well, not really. He's starting to be more vocal about being by himself. And when he gets that way, I try to take him with me around the house. On this occasion, I needed to move the laundry from the washer to the dryer and since the basket was handy that was where he went. He seemed quite comfortable to watch and wait until I was done (taking pictures, that is.)
And if these weren't enough for you, there are always more on the WebAlbums.
He still hasn't crawled yet, but he's making tracks when he wants to. He's mastered the pinwheel move (spinning on his belly). And a couple of times, I've seen him move backwards. Someone at church yesterday told us she heard that was a sign of intelligence. We've thought all along that he was a GENIUS. Now we have evidence! He'll pull to a sitting position and then to standing one (it's a game we play). And you can leave him sit on the floor all by himself to play. Occassionally, he'll fall over when he reaches for something a little too far out of his reach, but never cries when this happens. And sometimes, I think he means to "fall" back to get back to his belly.
Hey, I'm going to make this neat little thing I found on the Web at wordle.net. It's a word cloud creator. I plan to do one with JHP's nicknames. So send me your petnames so I can include them. Once I create one, I'll post it here on the blog.
I didn't forget about the videos. I've downloaded them to the computer and now I need to edit them so as not to bore you to death. Soon, I promise...
-EBP-


Pet names for John H:
Oopty-Poopty
Sweet Pea
I love the t-shirt pictures! He really loves mirrors, as well as the bath mat!
Love,
Bev
He's getting so big. I miss bath time. Enjoy it!
What a cutie pie!