Family, Teeth, and Mother's Day Out

Last weekend, Nana and Papa Jim were here (and that means there are tons of pictures from the weekend which I have uploaded to the WebAlbums along with a few of my own). And then Jimmy, Jane, & June came by, too. JHP enjoyed visiting with his cousin and exploring someone his size (almost). We always take a picture when they get together because June wants to hold JHP. Well - JHP is getting a bit big for this. June only weighs 10 pounds more than he does!

Everyone comments on how JHP favors my brother Jimmy. Here he is clowning around for the camera with the two kids. JHP is obviously distracted by the bookshelf (huh?) on his right. I've also included a picture of when Jimmy was 4 months old. And pictures of June at the same age are very similar, too. I guess the family genes can't be denied on the Buckley side.
Nana got some good lovin' in while she was here. She even rocked JHP before his nap one morning. What a sweet picture this is!
And when he feels like it he will hold his own bottle. But most of the time, he'd rather you do it for him.
The weekend wasn't without some pain. JHP seemed to have some gum pain, which proved true when on Wednesday he cut his first tooth - front lower left. And then we got runny noses, etc., (I say we because I was right behind him with my scratchy throat and runny nose). He seems to be better today. His appetite was back. And he seemed happier, although he slept a lot today. I'd love to show you a picture of his tooth, but I'm lucky if he'll let me see it, much less pose for a picture. But I can feel it!
Thursday was his first day at Mother's Day Out. It was a short day - only 9a-12p. Starting next week, it will be 9a-2p on Tue and Thu (yeah!). He seemed to do OK considering he wasn't feeling 100%. Ms. M said he only got a little fussy shortly before I showed up and he actually took a nap (if only 25 mins). I figured he'd be the one to take ZERO nap since he wouldn't want to miss anything. We'll see how next week goes! Here's him and one of his teachers (Ms. M) when I picked him up.
Grandma's here this weekend, enjoying her turn with the boy. More later...
-EBP-

Alissa  – (September 7, 2008 at 11:21 PM)  

He DOES look quite a bit like your brother....is it the eyes?? Glad he did so well on his first day of MDO....I guess we will see you there on Tuesday! And I love the peek-a-boo picture where he's playing with John in your previous post. What a little cutie pie....

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP