Four months and counting...
We went to the Doctor on Tuesday for JHP's 4 month check up. He's up to 12 lbs 12 oz, 24 inches long and 42 cm head circumference (10%, 25%, and 25-50% percentiles respectively). The doc said, " And to think, I was once worried about him gaining enough weight!" He also said the mumur was greatly reduced even from one month ago. The only down part of the trip was the 3 shots he had to get. He screamed like bloody murder with the first one (almost as bad as when I cut him the first time while trimming his finernails!). The rest were just icing on the cake. Poor kid!
He's still trying to roll over. He likes being on his side and doesn't seem too interested in going all the way over most of the time. Every once in a while he'll make it. Then he gets frustrated becuase he can't go any where. His sleep habit are improving. He's easier to get down for naps and seems to be soothing himself with the thumb more when in the crib. We've gone back to giving him a bottle of formula before bed and this seems to have helped his sleeping duration and the ease of getting him to go down for the night. It was taking a long time and lots of crying to get him to sleep before we went back to the bottle. Now he's very content after a bath and bottle and goes down most nights in 30 minutes or less with little to no crying. He's been sleeping 5-6 hours at a stretch, eating, and then sleeping another 3-4 hours. This has been VERY GOOD FOR MOMMA! I feel refreshed when I get up to feed him and manage to stay awake through the whole feed. This make for a very efficient feeding. The only drawback is that sometimes I have trouble falling back to sleep!!!
Here's a picture that Daddy set up. What was he thinking? I'm not sure! And, of course, JHP is in his Peanut onesie that Brooke gave him. I can't believe he actually fits into it now! It looked so big when she gave it to us.
I took some more shots of JHP yesterday and have uploaded them to the WebAlbums. The one I put up at the beginning is one of my favorites. There were several. I hope you enjoy them!
-EBP-

