Good news at the cardiologist!
We took JHP to the cardiologist on Thursday. Although he was NOT excited to be there, the doctor was pleased with what he saw. JHP had not slept well that morning and was really fussy. Thankfully the nurse had a "magic wand" with spinning lights that occupied him for a short while, but let's just say the office was a lot quieter when we left. Anyway, Dr. J was pleased with the progress. The upper hole is showing some reduction in size. The hole in the lower septum (ventricle) has reduced blood flow across it as a result of some tissue that continues to get larger, partially obstructing the hole. He wants to see us back in 3 months and did not place any restrictions on John's activity.
Also, we learned that John now weighs 9 lbs 11 oz! He only weighed 8 lbs 8 oz two weeks ago. John and I could not quite believe the scale. So I weighed myself here at home and weighed the two of us and sure enough, a 10 lb difference. As a result of his weight gain, I am having some trouble keeping up with the demand for milk, but we are working through it. Unfortunately, the supply and demand of breastfeeding is NOT instantaneous!
The two pictures you see here, I captured this morning. He was grinning at me through the pacifier. So, I ran and got the camera and propped him up in the boppy. He blessed me with a few good pics before he was DONE. He's really tracking you with his eyes these days and I think he's trying to swat at things. He's really liking his right fist and thumb, but only finds (or even looks for) it when he's mostly content. If he's worked up, the hands are flailing and he'd rather have the pacifier.
-EBP-

