Blue Cat Jan 1995 - April 7 2008


I had to say goodbye to my friend Blue today. She had advanced kidney failure. So I made the decision to euthanize her. She had lost a lot of weight in the last week or so and had refused to eat even her beloved treats. She was unsteady on her feet and only put up a verbal protest at the vet's office. She was 13, the equivalent of roughly 70 human years. She'd lived a good life! She'd kept me company in Baton Rouge and Lake Charles and tolerated John when he came into my life. I'll miss her terribly. She was my first baby and I'm thankful to have had her in my life! She's at peace now and in no pain. The picture above was taken on Feb 25 as I breastfed John Harrison. It was one of the last of us together. Thanks Mom for capturing the moment!

-EBP-

Krishna  – (April 9, 2008 at 7:31 PM)  

Oh, I so know how you feel. I lost my Boo after 17, almost 18 years. I still miss the way she slept in our bed and what a great cat she was. I'm very sad for you today.

Bonnie  – (April 29, 2008 at 10:37 PM)  

Billy and I were so sorry to hear about your Blue. Your mother is a great photographer (your dad would have been proud). She captured the connection between the two of you so well in the last photo. As I sat here crying and reading your post Angel dashed into the room to see why I was upset. They are such amazing friends that we are allowed to have in our lives. I'm so glad she was able to share her life with you and a small portion with us.

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP